Harrow Baptist Church is supported by its members, whether through financial giving to enable us to employ some key staff, or by a whole range of volunteers. Therefore, everyone is an essential part of how we function.
We want you to grow in your gifts and talents and to get to know people in the fellowship better. A great way of doing this is to get involved in the life of the church. There are so many ways you can be of use. We are always looking for volunteers and it’s a great way of really feeling part of the church family.
Here are some of the ways you can be involved in:
* Using musical talents in the service – playing an instrument or singing.
* Running the sound desk and recording equipment
* Helping with the crèche, Sunday groups, weekday toddler group. (DBS check required)
* Preparing PowerPoint slides for the TV in the foyer
* Helping with Sunday lunches- preparing, cooking or clearing up
* Helping at the coffee mornings – serving or befriending visitors.
* Praying in the church groups or committing to praying at home for issues that arise.
* First Aid skills so you can be on the list during Sunday or at weekday activities.
* Are you good at cleaning, maintenance or other practical skills?
*Do you have professional skills such as accountancy, financial or legal that could be used?
* Are you a good listener and have gifts in dealing with people who are lonely, vulnerable, distressed or with addiction or mental health issues. Could you be part of the foyer team during the week ? (DBS check required )
Contact us if you would like to volunteer.