Baptists have been meeting in
With the coming of the Metropolitan railway much of the population moved from the hill to Greenhill (now the central Harrow area) so the church decided to move to the present site in
This church was replaced in 1982-4 by the present suite of buildings. They have been designed to provide excellent facilities for a wide range of church and community activities. The worship area allows us to arrange seating in a variety of ways for different styles of service.
The stained glass windows create a fitting ambience in which to worship God. We have one wall of modern stained glass windows and one wall with antique Breton glass
In the foyer we have the foundation stone from the 1864 Byron Hill Chapel along with the war memorial and memorial window from the 1908 building. We also have the original communion table from the Byron Hill Chapel.
We have an open baptistery by the main doors into the church. A new believer is baptised when ready to acknowledge Jesus as their Saviour and Lord and with the help of the Holy Spirit promises to serve and love Him.
We have a communion table, from the 1908 church, at which the church remembers and celebrates the death and resurrection of Jesus through the sharing of bread and wine.
The story and work of the Baptists in